Replace Microsoft Dynamics™ SL Communicator (FREE)
Microsoft Dynamics™ SL Communicator module requires a dedicated workstation to be setup to poll the Communicator table. The dedicated Workstation:
- Must be left logged in to Dynamics™ SL running the Communicator function.
- Must have a licensed copy of Outlook running to send the e-mails.
- Requires a 3rd Party product to be purchased and loaded (Click Yes or PTFB) to override the Outlook security.
This model poses security risks if the machine or Dynamics SL are not set up with the appropriate security rights.
If the workstation hangs or the Communicator application fails, which occurs more frequently than you would like, there is no reporting of the failure. The first you know is when someone reviews the Communicator Machine or when Managers complain they are not getting alerts. If you perform SQL Server reboots as part of your routine backup strategy the Communicator machine needs to be manually shutdown and restarted to restart the Communicator function.
All of the above can be easily overcome by installing the FREE Renown WinServ application on any Windows machine.
- As it is a Windows Service it can configured to restart on machine reboot.
- Event failures are e-mailed to a predefine recipient list.
- E-mails are sent out using SMTP so Outlook is not required.
- Does not require Microsoft Dynamics™ SL to be running in order to work.
OM Process Manager Monitor (FREE)